Maldives Pension Administration Office (MPAO) came into existence, under the Maldives Pension Act (Pension Act) which was ratified on 13th May 2009, as an independent legal entity.
The Pension Act mandates MPAO to carry out the following functions:
- Administer Maldives Retirement Pension Scheme (MRPS)
- Pay state funded Old Age Basic Pension Scheme (BP)
- Manage Pension funds
- Establish standards, rules and guidelines related to the schemes
- Create public awareness and educate scheme participants
MPAO plays a pivotal role in the development of the social security system in the country. Over the past two years, the initial focus of MPAO has been to establish pension schemes and introduce it to the public by creating awareness to gain greater public acceptance for the new pension system.
With the successful implementation of both the schemes (BP & MRPS), the focus has moved on to further improve and sustain the operation through innovative means.
“Achieving excellence in pension services and financial stability for a secure future”
Manage Pension fund in the best interest of the members through secure and diversified investments.
We endeavor to:
- Provide automated customer driven services
- Mainstream pension knowledge
- Facilitate innovation in pension products and services
Our Core values
Professionalism: Integrity, confidentiality and objectivity
Communication: Precise, concise, shared information and clarity
Innovation: Simplicity, cutting edge technology and creativity
Work Ethics: Team work, respect and learning culture
Accountability: Responsibility, honesty, transparency and risk consciousness