The Hajj Scheme allows for the deduction, from the Retirement Savings Account (RSA) Funds, towards performing the Hajj Pilgrimage (Hajj).
- The MRPS member should not have previously performed a Hajj
- The MRPS member should have a balance of at least 336,000 Maldivian Ruffiyya in his/her Retirement Savings Account
- If the pension fund has been used for collateralizing, the member’s RSA balance should have at least 336,000 Maldivian Ruffiyya in addition to the collateralized amount. For example if the collateralized amount is 1,000,000 Maldivian Rufiyya, then the account balance should be at least 1,336,000 Maldivian Rufiyaa
- The MRPS member should ensure their placement with a Hajj service providers before applying to utilise Funds from their Retirement Savings Account for Hajj
- The MRPS member should consent to the utilisation of their Retirement Savings Account Funds to perform the Hajj
- The MRPS member should agree to all eligibility conditions with respect to utilising the Retirement Savings Account to perform the Hajj
The eligibility of the member to utilise their Retirement Savings Account for the Hajj pilgrimage will be determined by the Pension Office.
The Pension Office will transfer only up to 50% of the declared rate set by the relevant authorities.
The Pension Office will make payment for only those members eligible for the Hajj Scheme.
Members who are eligible should submit their Hajj application form to the Hajj service providers who are listed with the Pension Office.
Payment for the eligible member will be made by the Pension Office through direct transfer of funds to the Hajj service providers’ bank account.
Payments will be issued only to Hajj service providers who have established agreements with the Pension Office.